Tuesday 12 April 2011

World Cup Final 2011 Highlights


Originally published on: 03/04/2011

WE WON!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Even *I* am excited. In my head, I’m still doing cartwheels all over the place! I may usually shun anything cricket related, but hey, WE WON!!!!!!!!
The game was exciting to the very end, and it had some brilliant moments, even if you leave out the great performances by many of the cricketers. Here are some of my personal favourites:
The neat sixer by Dhoni that won us the World Cup! :) :)


Bhajji crying and wiping his tears with the national flag. Couldn’t help going “aww!” Mom and I were just hoping he doesn’t get into trouble for that.
By the way, I was looking for pictures of this and got many results back from the time he slapped Sreesanth and made him cry, and though I felt sorry for the kid at that point, he looked so funny crying! (I’m sadistic like that) Here are a couple of photos:

Sangakkara’s speech – He looked so sad I felt really sorry for him, but such a beautiful, gracious speech, and such a lovely accent! I still haven’t found a link :( but as soon as I find one, it’s going up here.

Sehwag’s spot interview – I hardly know what he’s saying…

Dhoni’s speech (This is so classic, it actually deserves a separate post dedicated solely to it and nothing else, but it also has the Indian team with the Cup, so here)
“Jokes apart” – Wait, what were you joking about??
“Well in India that will be rude you know” – Haha, okay :D
“Hard luck Gautam, but I think he’s the one to blame” – Er… what?
Well, “jokes apart”, it’s nice that he’s so self-confident. And why wouldn’t he be? He helped us win the World Cup, and (at least for now) we all love him.

Update: I found Sangakkara’s speech! :)

2 comments:

  1. ahahahah! i am cracking my ribs in office right now, laughing discreetly. u witty devil. i love most of the posts, especially the limericks!

    Ruella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so YOU're aqueous!
    Glad to be of amusement to you :) Just don't get into trouble in office ;)
    Can I read your blog, please? *makes cute puppy dog eyes*

    ReplyDelete