Sunday 24 April 2011

My Very Ambitious Plan Gone *POOF*

Even that title sounds not quite right. Just another example to show that today is not my best day for new blog posting. But it's Sunday. Something has to be up, right?


Darn my whole Sunday-is-the-day-I-have-to-put-up-an-above-average-post policy! That is the reason why I don't have a good post today. Ironic, huh? (Well, at least I managed to use "ironic" in a fitting context, unlike many people I know.


Basically, I had a great idea, but I need more time to work on it. I did try, though. I started off all psyched about it and got things in (some) order.


If you can see what I've written, good for you (maybe). If you can't, good for me, I suppose. 


Then I did some more organizing:


I swear I flipped it before inserting. This is just how much my blog posts hate me today.


All of that took longer than I expected, but it was after that that things started going really wrong. Discovered I had about 40 pictures to draw even without including the less important stuff. Still annoyingly optimistic, I started making a rough plan for what would go into each picture. 


It got boring after the first eight scribbles.


Change in plan: draw a few pictures at a time, then do the outline for the next few, then draw those, and so on.


My very first drawing went horribly wonky
Stupid doors and angles and perspective and all that junk!

My second attempt at the same drawing
Slightly more progress with that one, but it also led to decreasing enthusiasm and a heightened level of frustration.

And so I ditched it (my attempt at finishing and posting something remotely remarkable by today). However, I've spent too much time thinking about it to give up completely. I'll try again later. It will be up some time next week, even if I have to do it in parts.

Okay, I'm done whining now.
Hey, save me a couple of Easter eggs, someone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment