Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tangled

Originally published on: 23/02/2011


I watched 7 Khoon Maaf a few days ago, and it made me think back to the last time I completely enjoyed a film. Surprisingly, there weren’t too many I could even consider. Haven’t watched a good Hindi movie in ages (If I remember right, the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was Jab We Met) and even the English non-animated films I’ve watched recently haven’t lived up to my expectations. For example, I can’t deny that Black Swan is well made, but it just isn’t my kind of movie. Who wants blood and horror when you can have sunshine and rainbows and happy people singing? (I’m sure many people do, but I am obviously NOT one of those people)

So it’s only natural that I loved Tangled. Sure, most of it was predictable, but it was an interesting take on the Rapunzel tale, and so cute! There were times when I found the length of her hair a little disturbing (How does she ever wash it? Does she even wash it at all? How many lice can hide in that stuff? How does she move around with that awful weight?) but I suppose there’s no point in questioning all the logic that goes into a fairy tale. Also, overall it was just so adorable that it didn’t matter much. My three favourite things about the movie:

3. Flynn Rider’s “smolder”

2. The CUTE chameleon

1. The pretty, pretty lanterns!

Thank god for Disney! (And thank Disney for heaven!)

And look, lovely new background theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment