Tuesday 12 April 2011

Poem Parodies II


Originally published on: 27/03/2011

Four more. I may have to change stuff later (especially my not-so-great drawings) but since I don’t get graded on my blog, I might as well put them up now.

The Spider and the Fly
He called her once and twice and thrice
Then praised her, and she paid the price –
Walked into his den
Just to be eaten.
Beware of those who are too nice.

The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock
Italian preludes are fancy
More so when the future is chancy
Chuck your coffee spoon
Because very soon
Your real life will seem like a fant’sy.

Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat
The snow-white cat reached out to steal
Two fish for her afternoon meal
But slipped in a flash
And with a great splash
She drowned in the waters of teal.
My cat looks weird too. I HAVE to redraw it)

The Lotos-Eaters
Why is spelling such a big deal
When it’s not the lotus for real?
The sailors tasted
The drug, got wasted
And travel lost all its appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment