Sunday 26 June 2011

Jeavenly jalapeños

Yes, a whole post on jalapeños. Because I love them, and because my blog is random like that. I've always loved pickled jalapeños, but have become addicted recently, ever since mom bought a jar. We've been eating pizza more often, like this amazing one which mom made from scratch. The jalapeños also taste great in cheese sandwiches, with some hot Tabasco sauce drizzled on top. And if you're like me, you'll just eat them straight from the jar.
Remember how Remy from Ratatouille describes food? If you don't, here, refresh your memory:
  

If I had to do that with pickled jalapeños, it would probably look like this:
Er, kind of. It would be clearer with animation.

Look at all the different things you can use them in:

Doesn't it look pretty? I'm sure it tastes great too.

Jalapos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. How can it NOT be great?
(It's okay to use pictures from other sites, right?)

I actually looked for nutritional information. This is what nutritiondata.self.com has to say:
I think this is about the fruit when raw, not pickled. Not sure. 

Here you see a whole bunch, sliced and pickled in all their fiery glory:

And some more...
This is more or less what my jalapo jar looks like looked like when it was new. Now it's empty. But I have nothing to worry about, because...

...this is what I have now
Yes, the can is really that big!

No comments:

Post a Comment