Monday 6 June 2011

Bad Day

If you looked at the title and thought of the Daniel Powter song, please get it out of your head. It doesn't help someone who really has had a bad day. Not one bit. Thank you.

First off, today is Monday. Anyone who doesn't instinctively hate Mondays is not normal (and if someone like me can describe a person as "not normal", well, that's saying something). I'm one of those people who has to wake up at around six to be at the office by half past eight. I'm not saying I have a hard life; I just happen to have had enough today, with the building up of little annoyances.

First off, I sit in the bus and get my white tights dirty. Then I get told off by a conductor for not having some ID I've never heard of before and was apparently supposed to have. Next, the bus reaches one of the last few stops before the one I get off at, and then turns away in the opposite direction. I hurriedly get off, wait for another bus, get onto that, get off at my stop, and walk to office. End of part 1.

Minor dirt marks on white tights - manageable. But of course it wouldn't stop at that. Oh no. Mid-morning, I start eating oranges, and:
Orange juice meets white stole. Perfect. NOT.

Then I do something that would leave the most accident-prone people in this world impressed: I run over my own toe with the chair I'm sitting on. How does something like that happen to someone whose feet hardly touch the ground while sitting? It was not all that very different from Dick Casablancas here (00:30 onwards), although what happened to him is more amusing than what happened to me.

The rest of my time in office goes relatively smoothly. I shut down my computer and gather my things as soon as the clock strikes five (read: as soon as the computer says "17:00", but that sounds less dramatic). Two minutes before I step out, it starts to rain!
Now I'm someone who loves the rain, even when I'm not "sheltered" from it. I love getting wet, jumping into dirty puddles, and being happy when everyone else is looking worried. But come on, does it have to happen on the one day I decide to wear white? I can be as careful as is humanly possible, but it's not going to be of much use, because dirt and the colour white are unnaturally attracted to each other.
Seriously, guys, it's not healthy.

Some other boring stuff happened along the way, and I know you won't care to hear about it. In short, cramped bus, cramped roads, and two and a half hours, and I was back home, just in time to shower, eat dinner, post this, go to bed, and wake up early to hit the road once again tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment