Friday 6 May 2011

Entrance Exam Blunders - Part II

I don't even want to start on the grammar part, so I'm going directly to the essays about reactions to the death of Osama Bin Laden. They're not all huge blunders, but they're quite funny. Here are a few of the responses we got: 

"Osama Bin Laden!!! Wow!!! great topic!! Ok.... all I know is..."

"Osama bin laden is one of the most famous terrorist who is known for the 9/11 crash or the world trade centre crash."

"The way the 7 wonders of the world are famous in universe, in the same way Osama Bin laden was famous for terror."

"I honestly care a damn for him."

"He is one of the major antisocial element of all times." 

"The President of USA Obama, has given the information that Osama is a terrorist he killed many lives if he is still alive he may kill people around the world."

"He used to hide from everyone as he was scared from the death."

"It looked, as though, he would survive for 100 more years."

"OSAMA-BIN-LADEN was shot dead wright in the head, the very fact gave and set in new spirite of joy and happyness among us."

"Looking at the response of the people all over the world i had goose bums." (Hee hee!)

"Should I rejoice or have my head banging with several questions like How? When? What?"

"I honestly was neither happy nor sad, because when Osama was at his hide out, I was least bothered out to google him out. But you never know, just like Sadam Hussain had 8 replicas, and Osama is far more shrewd then Sadam. I wonder how many he would have! LOL!"

"When I got this news I was very happy as Osama is killed by the Americans as he had only destroyed the World Trade Center in Year 1999."

"Its kind of terrible feeling we get when we hear such news. But then terrorism is increasing, and hopefully now after Osama's death it gets decreased."

"I am very delightful and feels save that the most wanted criminal is dead."

"I felt satisfied at my sole because many souls were rest to peace. The one who does evil, evil comes to him."

"Come to think of the several innocent lives for no particular reason he's plotted against, the number of ambitious souls he's made blinded to the future, and the number of innocent infants he's made orphans out of."

"But however, although the criminals who assisinated him soon agreed volunteerly about the murder Obama openly proclaimed that the murder was committed according to his order."

"The chaser seem very happy and pleased As the Encounter if i can say has Rest in Peace. This constant news update makes me wonder what is it that buzzing in Bush's mind happy to be untouched and unblamed or unhappy so to loose one of his products."

"I believe in 'The Almighty'. He sees and knows everything. I know and am sure, God will punish him one fine day and so he did."

"God is there. No to worries. Enjoy life in all its myriad colours."

"In my place, the mother's always tell there babies while feeding them that "Osama will Come" and the kids used to eat fast. But now I think none of the mothers will say "Osama will Come" ever again."

"The earth now is cleansed. The avenge has been taken. Osama Bin laden has tasted his own medecine this death has taught me so many things. Things like, you know: Do good, you'll get the good. Do bad, you'll get it back again."

"It was height time Osama saw Hell, for all the innocent lives he has taken away. R.I.P. Osama Bin Landen."

Besides all that, many people don't seem to know what "write in verse" means. Then there was another section where people had to identify the movie each famous dialogue belonged to. You'd think people would do well there, right? Well, you're sadly mistaken. An awful lot of people don't seem to know of any movies besides Twilight, P.S. I Love You, and A Walk To Remember. 

One thing that stood out was how several seemed to think "I'll be back" is from Titanic. Imagine this from a drowning guy:
Creepy, huh? 
Well, at least it's not from a movie about OBL!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! what is this exam for?? the answers are HILARIOUS and its scary that people actually say stuff like this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entrance exam for our course. There's going to be another round tomorrow. Dying to go and read some more papers, but I've started work.
    It's scary indeed, once you get over the initial amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The standard is pathetic...i mean the standard of the answers by some of the applicants...yes, i can imagine how horrified everyone feels.. If you do read more put it up..:D

    ReplyDelete