Thursday 5 May 2011

Entrance Exam Blunders - Part I

How dull life would be if we didn't have things (and people?) to laugh at! Take for instance an entrance exam. I'm sure people who correct papers have a tough job, but I bet it's fun when you have some atrocious answers.

Woke up this morning earlier than usual (for a holiday) and dragged myself out of bed, ignoring that nagging urge to just stay there. Sure, sleep is wonderful, but what's even better is going to college and terrorizing juniors by pretending to be mean, controlling, and bitchy. 

Well, that was the plan. All I actually did was hang around and eat pizza (which took less effort and was probably more fun anyway). And of course, laugh at the answer sheets, write wacky comments and draw emoticons all over them. 

I could have taken pictures of everything and put them up, but I'm nice. So, here are some gems (the ones I remember):


President of India - Pradipa Patel
(There was also a Pranab or Pramod Patel)

Current ruling party in the USA - Republicans (BracObama's administration)
(Yes, I'm sure "BracObama" is a Republican) 

City where Osama bin Laden was found and killed 
(Got all kinds of answers for this, including one somewhere in the US. One person scratched out "city", replaced it with "country" and said Pakistan. Not a bad move, but not nearly good enough) 

Greenpeace - vegetable 
(So some people really don't know the difference between peace and peas?)

BT brinjal - vegetable 
(Oh, really? I had no idea! Thanks for enlightening me)

I was also surprised at the number of people who think Pulitzer is a fertilizer. And:
Bajrang Dal - pulse
(Did she mean pulse of the people of that group or some strange thing like that? Oh, wait... DAL - pulse. God help us!) 

Author of Pride and Prejudice - Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi, Anita (different people's answers)
(Yeah... no! And who on earth is Anita?)

Author of The God of Small Things - Ryan
(Ryan who? Oh, THAT guy! Yeah, I totally know who you're talking about)

Author of The Discovery of India - Shobha De
(*sigh* Nothing left to say)

In which of Shakespeare's plays would you find Shylock? - Sherlock Holmes
(What, you didn't know Shakespeare wrote a series of Sherlock Holmes plays in which the lead character was named Shylock?)

Who was the creator of Snoopy? - An American
(Come on...)

One of the contenders for Most Disgusting Answer:
An Indian who has won the Nobel Prize for literature - Chetan Bhagat 
(*mixture of hysterical laughter and banging head on wall while being worried and disturbed about the future of this country*)

More coming up soon.

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD.

    MORE. I need more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shakespeare and the Sherlock Holmes connection >> Blasphemy.
    CHETAN BHAGAT? o_O

    and, LOL. they thought they could get away with the "BracObama" nonsense by using the word "administration"? like a big word's going to help her cause!
    JEEESUS!

    Chandu, yet another kickass post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is the creator of Snoopy: I think the same guy who created Peanuts

    Which film is the dialogue "I'll be back" from: Batman

    Which film is the dialogue "Mere paas ma hain" from : Paa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I second Geetanjali. Please, more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHHAAHAH!!! WHICH YEAR WAS THIS?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, I did put up more - in the next post (EEB Part II) :)

    Smit, this year. Some of these people MIGHT just be your juniors *shudder*

    ReplyDelete