Sunday 3 July 2011

Working On Saturday

Yesterday was my most fun working Saturday so far. In fact, it was the best Saturday I've had in a while. Went out to lunch with a bunch of people from office for the first time (at short notice, which meant I had to borrow money from my friend and eat my pasta later, but that was hardly a problem at all.)

Lunch was fun despite the restaurant's sheer pinkness. (Wow, "pinkness" is actually a word? I was quite sure it would get underlined in red.) Came back to office completely satisfied after the outing and the food. Since I didn't have much work to do and found that one of the graphic designers wasn't in office, I asked if I could use his graphic tablet. The GD head said that would involve a long installation process, so he actually asked around and found me one which wasn't currently in use and could just be plugged into the system! :)

I spent the rest of the afternoon playing around with it (and distracting other people by drawing them to use it too.) I had the time of my life!     
I used it (the tablet) to draw a picture of us at lunch (and Shruti drew the flower):
I know it doesn't look too different from things I draw on Paint without a tablet, but it's the first time I used one, and it took me some time to figure it out.

So yeah, I enjoy my usual day at work, but days like these make it special :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment