Monday 6 May 2013

My First Graphic Novel


Mom and I were cleaning out part of my room a couple of days ago. Here are three things I'm glad we found among the several piles of junk:
1. My 12th grade final exam report card (in tatters, but somewhat recognizable as a report card)
2. Four skipping ropes
3. A story I wrote and illustrated in the second grade. At least I think it was in the second grade because it was in a grade 2 notebook. I have no other way of telling because I don't think my stories have developed all that much since then and I still draw Christmas trees the same way.
Anyway, we happened to find it a little ridiculous and randomly funny, so here you go:













 
 





I once played a tree in a play in Kindergarten. Maybe that's why I can feel for this tree, never mind that I looked a lot less tree-like.

2 comments:

  1. That was AWESOME! I see you awarded yourself a V.Good :P
    Also, before I read the words inside Horse's speech bubble, I thought it was breathing fire. Which would've been pretty cool, btw. Know what I found hilarious though? This: "I guessed right. It IS a cake" :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :D
      Ah, yes, that would have been cool. But that would have been the end of my tree! Unless it was a magic fireproof tree.
      I suppose I really liked cake :D

      Delete