Monday 21 November 2011

Sugar Sugar

Over the last couple of weeks, I've eaten huge amounts of cake, mainly because of the number of people I know who've had their birthdays then. It's made me think of all the birthday parties I've been to, especially the ones that really stood out. Most have been reasonably good.

A couple of them were plain confusing.

One was remarkably terrible.

Then suddenly, last month I went to one of the best birthday parties I've ever been to. Everything about it was great: wonderful people, beautiful place, delicious food, and surprisingly cute and lovable kids.

The birthday girl
 Well, she didn't exactly look like this, and she was way cuter. I think I got the bow on the hairband right, though.

Here are the things that made the party seriously awesome:

Yes, the cake really was that green. Normally I'd think, "Green cake? Eww!" but this one was pretty, and absolutely delicious. Again, my picture doesn't resemble the actual thing that well, but I had to try. The rest of the food was great too, but a good cake makes a good birthday party even better.

Helium balloons! I'd been looking for those for a long time, and I actually took a couple of them home. Whee!

And I think this is what made it perfect for me:
I was probably the only person above the age of 7 standing in line for candy floss (or cotton candy, if that's what you must call it) but standing there, and then eating with bits of pink sugar sticking to my hair, glasses, and clothes, I felt truly happy, like I was right where I belonged.

I guess some of us never grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment