Tuesday 27 September 2011

Watching TV on TV


First of all, thank you to everyone who’s still reading and/or following this blog despite my recent negligence and laziness to post anything new, even after my vow to post at least every Sunday, if not more often. I’ve hardly been online recently because the easiest thing to do after getting back from work late in the evening is lie in bed, turn on the telly, and doze off at some point.

Secondly, about the title: I'm talking about watching The Voice on television. After several shows with mostly average contestants, mean judges, intense melodrama, and bitchiness in the air, it’s nice to have one with great contestants and judges, healthy competition, and a positive approach.

The concept of blind auditions is wonderful, and the talent was amazing. I don’t know if it’s because all the singers were people who were selected for callbacks, or also because the show was well edited, but either way, the lack of terrible singers was a nice change (although terrible ones also have the potential to be the most amusing and entertaining).

Then there were the coaches. Ah, Adam Levine!


I think there were three others too.

Okay, I'm not that enamored by him. I loved all the judges. I was most excited about Christina Aguilera being one of them because she’s been one of my favourite artists ever since I first heard her. I’ve always loved her, and I always will, no matter what people may say about her unnecessary runs and slutty make-up and all that jazz.

Cee Lo is someone I liked as an artist, but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice he seemed as a person. I didn’t expect much depth from someone as blingy as him, but I was wrong. Blake, to be honest, is someone I hadn’t heard of before the show, but I loved him too, the main reason being the Papa Bear kind of pride and love he had for his contestants (although I did find it really strange when he said “Dia reminds me of my wife”. And Adam, well… HOT!

I’ll skip to the final four contestants, because I’ll have way too much in here if I have to rewind even one step back. Javier and Beverly I loved right from the blind audition stage. Dia is someone I liked to a point but then started to find slightly annoying, although I can’t deny that she really knows how to make a song fabulous. Vicci Martinez is someone I noticed in the blind audition because when she started singing, I thought, “Oh no, yet another person singing Rolling in the Deep!” Then she sang a couple more songs and quickly became my favourite contestant. Here’s one reason why:

Gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
  
Too bad the show wound up so soon! Now The X Factor has begun, and I do enjoy it, complete with all the drama, but it’s just not the same. And I swear I’m not saying that only because Adam Levine is way hotter than Simon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment