Sunday 1 January 2012

More Sensitive Poetry


This never fails to give me some sort of inspiration, however weird the results may be. I was hoping to write something unnecessarily dramatic and somewhat funny like my previous Sensitive Poem, but what I came up with is this morose thing instead. Well, at least it's still a Sensitive Poem. 

Across the lonely beach I wander,
Staring at the small ships yonder,
Wondering if I'm getting fonder
Of the sea, though once I scorned her.

I rejoice in my solitude,
So other people think I'm skewed
Although I'm just a normal dude
Whose emotions are misconstrued.

The gathering clouds overhead
Grow dark and heavy as they shed
Their cold, harsh tears onto my head
Almost as if they wish me dead.

Suddenly the sea of grey
Surrounds my legs and makes me sway
And to my uttermost dismay,
The sand beneath me slips away.

On that note, happy new year, everybody!

1 comment: